In no particular order or within a certain timeline, here are some thoughts I’ve had while cooking, thinking of cooking or just thinking about food .
– I love the smell of food cooking. Onions and garlic sauteing or herbs simmering. Yum. Just the thought of rosemary or basil makes me happy. NOM NOM NOM.
– Is it bad that any time I make soup I instantly think how much better it would be with bacon? Even after the too much wine, eat bacon and pay for it 6 hours later debacle, I still love bacon.
– If I lived in France, instead of waking up at 5 am to work out, I would get up at that insane hour just to get a fresh baguette or two. Or three – one for the walk back to the house and all.
– I could eat plain white rice with anything. ANYTHING. Fried Eggs, tomatoes with a little bit of salt, lime and pepper, in soups, alongside pretty much any meat. I ate it with everything growing up so it only makes sense that it should be a staple in my mind. It’s so plain and yet so delicious.
– I miss Denver food and talk about it too much – the food and how much I miss it. Which make me miss it more. Vicious cycle.
– Photographing food is a lot harder than photographing a cute kid.
Exhibit A – Food – I would show you all the shots I took, but they’re all just as blah.
Exhibit B – Cute kid. Cute kid vs food. Cute kid wins, every time. I guess the truth is, I don’t think I really ever want food to win over the cute kid.